Available in PDF format only.
Real-time PCR is one of the most widely adopted molecular biology techniques, performed by over half of life science researchers in the United States. Customers now have many types of instrumentation to choose from, including instruments that are positioned by suppliers as being ideal for individual use by virtue of size, price point and/or range of applications supported.
The objectives of this report, Real-Time PCR Instrumentation: Taking a Look Using the RateMyProduct™ Automated Product Assessment Tool, are to:
- Demonstrate the utility of the RateMyProductTM tool to generate meaningful — and actionable — information as it relates to new product development.
- Compare how customers perceive different real-time PCR instruments across seven predictors of success.
- Generate an instrumentation-specific baseline for comparison.
- Understand the relative importance of each feature and how they are affected by their relationship to price and brand.
- Assess the reaction price and its effect on important customer behaviors.
- Understand the effectiveness communicating product value.
- Create individual RateMyProductTM profiles for each instrument evaluated.
- Provide a model for how the RateMyProductTM might be used after product launch to gauge success.
What’s in the Report
Studied instruments will be compared on the following attributes:
- Market Receptivity
- Marketing Effectiveness
- Pricing Effectiveness
- Product Utility
- Purchase Criteria
Besides scores on each of the seven attributes, the scores for each indicator are analyzed to obtain an aggregated RMP Score. Scores for each brand of instrument are compared to an industry benchmark to provide an understanding as to how your “individual use” real-time PCR instrument is perceived relative to the other five “individual use” real-time PCR instruments tested.
Individual Instrument Reports
Complete RateMyProduct Reports will be include on each of the following instruments:
- Applied Biosystems StepOneTM Real-Time PCR System
- Bio-Rad Mini-OpticonTM Real-Time PCR System
- Illumina® EcoTM Real-Time PCR System
- Qiagen Rotor-Gene® 2plex Platform
- Qiagen Rotor-Gene® 2plex HRM Platform
- Roche LightCycler® Nano Real-Time PCR System
- Thermo Scientific PikoReal® 24 Real-Time PCR System