Understanding the Life Science Customer Experience
We’ve Spoken To Your Customers
Understanding the overall customer experience, from pre-purchase experience, to product experience, to post-purchase experience, is more important now than ever before. Customer experience offers an opportunity for suppliers to differentiate themselves from other suppliers in a crowded life science marketplace on something more than product performance and price. An excellent customer experience is key to both maintaining relationships with current customers, as well as building and expanding new relationships with potential customers.
Tracking Experiences Related to COVID-19
This year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, questions were asked measuring customer experience specifically on pandemic=related touchpoints
- To what extent have the following supplier-related services been IMPACTED due to the COVID-19 pandemic in your area of work?
- In what way exactly have the following supplier-related services been HIGHLY IMPACTED due to the COVID-19 pandemic?
- How would you rate your SATISFACTION with the following suppliers’ customer support (phone/online and application specialist support) during the COVID-19 pandemic?
As life science customers continue to raise their expectations of suppliers the need to improve and understand aspects of the customer experience where improvements are needed or where competitors are leading the way has never been greater.
The scope of this study offers in-depth analysis across four waves (years: 2016, 2018, 2019 and 2020) of customer experience benchmarking, tracking the performance of 27 different suppliers and allowing for analysis of how suppliers’ strategies have impacted customer experience scores over time and how they compare to other suppliers over time.
The Voice of 820+ Customers
This year, we’ve asked over 820 scientists to evaluate the suppliers they use on the customer touchpoints that occur during evaluation of products, selecting and using products, and customer support after the sale.
The report, included with the tableau dashboard, will allow you to:
- Understand and compare single and multi-year overall customer experience performance for 26 brands
- Understand and compare single and multi-year customer experience on the touchporstand the relative importance of attributes for customer experience for 27 brands
- Understand and compare regional trends in customer experience
- Understand and compare generational trends in customer experience
- Understand and compare trends in customer experience by employment sector
- Build Your Own Report
The Tableau workbook is fully interactive, and can be used to export charts for presentations, further research, or other needs. This will allow you to target your benchmarking to your customers.
- Agilent Technologies
- BD Biosciences
- Beckman Coulter
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Bio-Techne (R&D, Novus, Protein Simple)
- Cell Signaling Technology
- Corning Life Sciences
- GE Healthcare Life Sciences
- New England Biolabs
- Roche Molecular Systems
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
Table of Contents:
Section 1: Executive Summary
Section 2: Overview
Customer Experience Model for the Life Science Market
Performance at Each Touchpoint
Delivering a Positive Customer Experience
Getting the Most Out of This Report
Section 3: Life Science Vendor Rankings
Customer Experience Scores
Satisfaction and Loyalty
Relative Importance of Touchpoints – All
Section 4: Methodology and Demographics
Section 4: About Us
BioInfo and Science & Medicine Group, Inc.
Section 5: Appendix
Relative Importance of Touchpoints- Top 10 Suppliers
Supplier Profiles- Top 10 Suppliers